Study Room Reservations
Western State students and Western State alumni studying for the bar may reserve one of the library's group study rooms pursuant to the policy below. You may reserve a study room by visiting or calling the Western State Library reserve desk (714-459-1113).
GROUP STUDY ROOM POLICY
Please read all points carefully. All apply without exception. Library staff reserves the right to make adjustments to the policy as needed.
- Western State Students and Alumni -- Group Study Rooms may be reserved solely by groups of current Western State students, or by Western State alumni studying for the Bar. A "Group" is composed of 2 or more people. We may ask that you provide appropriate identification.
- Same-Day/Next Day Booking -- A room may be reserved for 2 hours on the same day a group wishes to use it. A room may also be booked 1 day in advance of when a group wishes to use it. Reservations more than one day in advance are not accepted. Reservations can be made by phone, 714-459-1113, or in person beginning at 7am Monday through Friday or 8am on the weekends.
- Subsequent Reservations—30 minutes or less prior to the end of the reservation, the same room, or another, may be reserved by the same group for a maximum of 2 hours depending on availability.
- Only Reservations made in accordance with this policy are acceptable – Rooms may not be reserved by leaving material in them. Leaving material in rooms also poses a potential for theft for which the library cannot be responsible.
- Reservation Forfeiture – If a group is more than 10 minutes late, the reservation is forfeited. The room will then be available for another group to reserve.
- Rooms without Reservations – If a room has no reservation it may be used by individuals or groups for studying. But, if a reservation is made for the room during the time an individual or group is using it without a reservation that group or individual must yield to the reservation.
- Noise – Excessive noise emanating from any study room is unreasonable to others studying in the library and may be cause for the use of a room to be forfeited.
- Food/Drinks - Food is not permitted in the library. Drinks are permitted only if in covered containers.