Western State students and Western State alumni studying for the bar may reserve one of the library's group study rooms pursuant to the policy below. You may reserve a study room by visiting or calling the Western State Library reserve desk (714-459-1113).
GROUP STUDY ROOM POLICY
Please read all points carefully. All apply without exception. Library staff reserves the right to make adjustments to the policy as needed.
- Western State Students and Alumni -- Group Study Rooms may be reserved solely by groups of current Western State students, or by Western State alumni studying for the Bar. A "Group" is composed of 2 or more people. We may ask that you provide appropriate identification.
- Same-Day/Next Day Booking -- A room may be reserved for 2 hours on the same day a group wishes to use it. A room may also be booked 1 day in advance of when a group wishes to use it. Reservations more than one day in advance are not accepted. Reservations can be made by phone, 714-459-1113, or in person beginning at 7am Monday through Friday or 8am on the weekends.
- Subsequent Reservations—30 minutes or less prior to the end of the reservation, the same room, or another, may be reserved by the same group for a maximum of 2 hours depending on availability.
- Only Reservations made in accordance with this policy are acceptable – Rooms may not be reserved by leaving material in them. Leaving material in rooms also poses a potential for theft for which the library cannot be responsible.
- Reservation Forfeiture – If a group is more than 10 minutes late, the reservation is forfeited. The room will then be available for another group to reserve.
- Rooms without Reservations – If a room has no reservation it may be used by individuals or groups for studying. But, if a reservation is made for the room during the time an individual or group is using it without a reservation that group or individual must yield to the reservation.
- Noise – Excessive noise emanating from any study room is unreasonable to others studying in the library and may be cause for the use of a room to be forfeited.
- Food/Drinks - Food is not permitted in the library. Drinks are permitted only if in covered containers.